Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 23

Well, the excitement continues...today I learned that I am scheduled to report to Dana Farber on July 29th to begin a two week prep for my stem cell transplant! This means that my days at UCONN are numbered and there have even been discussions about me going home TOMORROW. In the morning, I will have the usual checks of my temperature and platelets, which will help determine my discharge date. As you can imagine, my head is spinning at this news. I am excited to have successfully completed this round of treatment and to be able to move on to the transplant procedure quickly (I am also excited to see my new bathroom). Once I get to Boston, I will be there for almost six weeks. Truth be told, though, I am also a little nervous about leaving the hospital. I have been surrounded by great care 24 hours a day, which provides a definite level of comfort. However, I know that I have such a great support system of family and friends that once I get home, I won't be alone. Good night everyone- keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment