Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 6 Post Transplant

Sorry for the delay from my last post. The transplant happened right after midnight on August 17th. It was a very emotional event. The hospital chaplin conducted a shirt ceremony and blessed the new stem cells before they were administered. The process took almost two hours. The hospital now consideres August 17th my new birthday! As I mentioned before, Dick and I also celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary on the 17th, and we couldn't ask for a better gift. The nurses continued the celebration by brining us a cake later in the day! A few days later, I learned the stem cells came from somewhere in the United States!

I was discharged from the hospital on Sunday the 18th. Dick and I moved into a nearby hotel as I have many follow-up appotintments during the first two weeks post-transplant. We are spending our days trying to relax and recuperate. Some days/hours have been really good and others have not. I have been assured this is all to be expected. On good days, we are able to get out for walks. There is a lovely park not too far away that we have visited a few times. One day we even escaped all the way to Plymouth to do some laundry! Although I would rather have a 2 week vacation in Boston in good health, it is nice to be back in our home citgy, where I feel Boston Strong!

Thank you for all the continued support, love and prayers, which make this journey easier for me and my family.

Love,

Magali

No comments:

Post a Comment